This Episode Explores:
- What Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is
- What Dialetical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is and why it is used predominantly for BPD
- How DBT was developed
- What common BPD symptoms are
- Why people with BPD engage in attention-seeking behaviour and have a higher risk of self-harming
- How BPD develops
- Some exercises from the DBT approach you can try
- How DBT works/its main priciples
Host: Alina Kislenko - ADHD/Asperger's Therapist
Guest: Dr. Andrew Ekblad - Guelph Psychologist
Length: 30min Aired On: CFRU 93.3fm
PODCAST - Borderline Personality Disorder & its most effective treatment, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, with DBT specialist Dr. Ekblad, Ph.D.
10/8/2014 12:27:48 pm
I found the interview with Dr. Ekblad very informative and has helped me better understand Borderline Personality Disorder. A loved one has recently been diagnosed with this disorder and the more educated I am about the illness the easier it will be for me to provide the necessary support at home. Thank you Alina
7/17/2022 04:27:57 pm
Totally agree with your piece, very insightful thank you for sharing this.
8/30/2022 02:23:37 am
This article gives as a clear idea and understanding of Borderline Personality Disorder. Though this is something that is hard to recognize but with this, everything will be explained
Leave a Reply.
Alina Kislenko MA, RP